Monday, January 19, 2009

Michelle O and...

After Soulfood Sunday came to a close yesterday, I came home to rest a bit. I watched the HBO special of President Elect Obama's Inaugural ceremony held in DC. I was awed by the variety of actors, singers, philanthropists, and people with humble hearts that spoke or performed for the 1st and 2nd families. It was an awesome affair. (Side Note, do we or do we not have some good looking brothers in Obama and Biden coming into the White House? I respect the unions they have with their beautiful wives and I mean no disrespect. I just had to note those 2 are extremely intelligent AND handsome.)

Any who, so I was filled with Obama-Mania, as CNN calls it, by the time I traveled to slumber land last evening. As I slept, I had a few short dreams that I cannot recall. But, I do know that one included a scene in my mother's room. (Do you notice a trend of dreams occurring in or near my mother's house. Still haven't connected pieces to that puzzle yet). There I sit with Michelle O and her father. I have yet to see a photo of her deceased dad. But, I saw him as a very tall man who looks very much like his son. He wasn't a man of many words, but he was gentle and kind. It was obvious Michelle and her father were visiting Atlanta as she spoke of her desire to have some good barbecue from back home. I suggested she try some que from the legendary JJ's Rib Shack in the SWAT... as I bragged it's the best on the south side. Her father offered to get the food while Michelle and I stayed at the house to chat. Shortly after he made that statement, the dream was over.

I can't help but to think the spirit of Michelle's father is with her during this beautiful time where her husband will be inaugurated tomorrow as the 1st Black President of the United States of America. I am honored and pleased to be a young person who has been heavily involved in his campaign by registering voters, giving donations, sharing political facts with peers and friends, and offering my prayers for his family and supporters. The victory is here and the Obama's and Biden's are balancing a special burden that they were called to bear. I am sure Michelle's dad has been with her every step of the way to provide that support only a daddy can give his daughter.

A dad's love can be compared to no other...

No comments:

Post a Comment