Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Times

It is starting to become an annual tradition to attend the Trumpet Awards. Last year I played the role as "seat filler" for the show. I admit I had a blast going from seat to seat while I working. I also had the esteemed pleasure of sitting on the front row as our 1st Lady, Michelle O., spoke before the crowd to campaign for her hubby. A class act. She makes me so proud.

I digress. I sat next to or around G. Garvin (much finer in person if that is even possible), Dawnn Lewis, Roland Martin, Soledad O'Brien, Hill Harper, India Arie, and....well that's all I can recall right now. G. is the only one I was concerned about. And I recall a very good looking brother with him, which is who I sat next to for a while. They were both very friendly and charming. Too bad I was working and followed strict orders not to "mingle" with the celebs as a filler. I was ready, too. Ready, set....but I couldn't go. oh well.

Any who, this time around I will be a guest. So, Ace and I are hitting it up. You already know the frantic thoughts of fashion, the jewels, the purse, the shoes, the hair are coming into play! Being that I was just graced with the tickets a short while ago, the time factor heightens the pressure!

Okay, seriously, there is no pressure. Being from Atlanta and enjoying the social scene, I certainly have cocktail dresses and all that jazz. But, there is always something in me that wants something new. I just bought a bad dress a few months ago for the Mayor's Mask Ball. I would LOVE to wear that again. Even if I changed the jewels and accessories, there is the risk someone might recognize it. I know I shouldn't care, but honey, let's be real. I do. My girlfriend said to me, "You think people will really remember?" Um, yes! This is Atlanta. It may be 4 million people here. But for the most part, the same people travel in the same circles. If the dress is fly enough, I would recall the 2 time wear if I saw it again. So, no...I can't go there.

I know my budget, and I am keeping that in mind with all the other priorities a girl has. So, either I buy a fly pair of shoes to complete a fab dress I haven't worn in 2 years. Or, I buy a cute dress, and adorn it with some killer heels from my cocoon. Oh, what to do by tomorrow...?

I'll check out some boutiques in s few hours and let my sights guide me. Either way, I plan to party and enjoy this continued celebration of President Barack's Inauguration. It wouldn't hurt to see G. again, or maybe Denzel will show up this year. Okay, who am I kidding. Mr. Washington is probably sitting in the Oval Office with President O. I wouldn't be surprised...

Fab Friday to you!

1 comment:

  1. I so have to get to the ATL:-)

    Chicago doesn't have anything going on right now and with this weather here right now, who would want to go:-)

    ReplyDelete