Friday, January 9, 2009

Fly High...

TGIF, right? The paycheck hit the bank account at 12 a.m. this morning. cha-ching-ching. I'ma pay these bills today and keep it moving.

You know what? I haven't hit the night life scene in the city for a while. I've been in chill, get focus and get your mind right mode for a few months. I stayed home most weekends to write, read, research, meditate, relax, watch movies, and take naps. All of that was necessary to get some things in order. I suppose I can break from my hibernation to grace the city with my presence.

I need to make a few calls to arrange my little escapades. I refuse to go clubbing. Too crowded, too fake, too loud, too expensive. I think I might hang out in the SWAT where I was raised. Yep, that is what I am doing. I am going to take my Ace to my stomping grounds and have a good time with good folks. Eat some carbs and nasty, high caloric treats. Hot wings, onion rings, nachos, and some chocolate. Don't forget the martinis. I'll get back to my veggies, fruit, yogurt and granola Monday morning! :-)

And there is always room for a bit of flirting. The kind where I smile, I laugh and may even share a joke or two. But, there will be no exchange of real names or phone numbers. Still not ready for that yet.

I am sure I will be inspired and will have a story for you in a few days. My crew and I never have a dull moment when we flock together.

Be safe and fly high this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat right now. I am a natural Home Body and there is so much that I like to do, want to do, and need to do when I am at home. So, there is never really a dull moment, but the problem is I need to find me a night life. I am in Chicago, but I don't like clubs as you said too expensive, too loud, to superficial and pretentious..so what is a girl to do on a Fri, Sat night???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any Chicago connects, so I am not sure what is out there. Maybe check the entertainment sections in your paper or listen out for info on your radio stations for comedy clubs, sports bars, live music, etc. Or maybe take a ride around your neighborhood or downtown, and stop in some places that catch your eye.

    ReplyDelete