Sunday, January 18, 2009

God's Glory

Today, I felt God's Glory....again. You ever been in church, read a scripture at home, heard a song, or meditate and prayed to God and it you felt His presence? Like God just held your hand and a crazy chill goes all through you? And you just cry uncontrollably with heartfelt joy? There is no trace of sadness. These tears spell out "thanksgiving" as they roll down your beaming cheeks.

Your mind begins to play scenes from reels of of your life's short films. You see the great times where you skipped through fields lilies with sunshiny skies and light breezes. The days that are easy like Sunday morning where the living is just good. Your memory also flashes still photos of your past that reflects the tougher times that shapes your character and gives your wisdom. The ones where the light was so dimly lit in the tunnel, there seemed to be no path out. When the rent money was unseen, where your family fell apart, where financial aid was depleted. The times that created heartache, migraines, sleepless nights and fear.

I lifted my hands higher in praise and the tears flow faster as I saw all the ways God healed my heart, saved me from trouble, created miracles in my life, and showed me ways out when there seemed to be none. God has been so awesome and so faithful and trusting. I continue to bask in His Glory as I speak my love to God as I magnify him with more praise and more offerings of thanksgiving.

Then I see colors with my eyes closed that represent the present and what is to come. The hues are so beautifully integrated as they flow in a motion that is indescribable. I wish I could form the language to relay what my brain is witnessing. But, then I realize you can't describe the Glory of God. All I can say is you will know it when you experience it and you want it to last forever. It is a treasure. When it is bestowed upon you, know that God trusts you with something He has for you to do for His Kingdom.

If you haven't been there yet, don't fret. If you are hungry for God's Glory, He will give it to you when He knows you are ready. Understand this, with every gift comes a price. Prepare your mind and spirit for the gift. And be ready to work for God. Have a heart for God's love and don't let anything or anyone cause you to turn your heart away from Him or to doubt Him. Circumstances will come to test your faith. Be still and know God is who He said He is. (1 Kings 17)

Love and Blessings...
Buttafly

No comments:

Post a Comment