Friday, January 16, 2009

Effort Test

So, I'm catching up with Ace on a few things last evening on the phone. She proceeds to tell me about this guy she met at the gym earlier this week. By the way, she doesn't sound excited about him at all. So, I knew this would be a "girl, let me tell you what this nut said/did" type of story.

Ace is ending her work out routine on the ab mat. This guy joins her and starts talking about his leg injury out of nowhere. He claims he is in his early 30s and was playing basketball in the gym with some 20 somethings on the court moments earlier. Ace lets him know he is too old to try to compete with them. Knowing her, she said it like his momma would have told him. Then he asks her prerequisite questions leading to the exchange of numbers. You know the ones like where are you from, any kids, you come here often, what do you like to do, yadda yadda. She answers some...but not really interested. This brother is not giving up, so he continues talking.

She bids him farewell due to hunger pains. He asks Ace where is she going to eat, obviously wanting to join her. She says she is going home to blend up a fruity smoothie. Do you know this brother asks if he could come? Sir, I just met you like 15 minutes ago. So, umm...No. Not at all. He then asks for the number. Ace gave it to him more or less to keep it moving.

Dude calls and they arrange to take a work out class together to "hang out," if you will, without having to do the whole date thing. Ace shows up for the class a few days later as promised. Dude is a no show. Okay, whatever. Another bites the dust before he even knows her last name. Poor baby has weak game and no follow through. No big deal. Then, dude texts her that same night and asks can he come over. In the words of Neffe (Keyshia Cole's sister), "Are you serious??"

I can't even be mad at dude because I've peeped his game. I've been through this test several times from guys. I recognize it for what it is...it's the effort test. It gauges how much of a gentleman he would have to be in order to "date" his prey. This test also reflects that this 30 something year old is still in the game playing stage. I would bet he has a crew of women lined up serving different purposes. Hilarious. Did I mention he is divorced?

Sigh... Ace, keep it moving, girl...keep it moving.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! Girl you know these men honey they try...try that weak game on someone other than me please sir! It is 2009 I do not have time for foolishness.

    Ace

    ReplyDelete