Monday, February 16, 2009

Prelude to V-Day Madness

Hey girls and guys. I had a heck of a weekend..Ace,T and I got together and lit up the town. We didn't mean to party like it was 1999...but honey we did. It's amazing how many fish jump out of the water as if they are begging to be caught when we walked in. You know my situation. All I wanted to do was get out with the girls and enjoy our time as single women. I retired my fisher's net for a few months anyway to take time for me, remember??? Yeah, I simply had to remind myself that over and over again.

Picture this. Warm Friday night. Approximately 9 p.m. 3 single girls walk into a Happy Hour in downtown Atlanta. Upon clicking my clutch back together to safely store my ID at the door, I lift my head. And to my surprise, I see nothing but a sea of supposedly single, handsome, well dressed black men stationed at the bar, on the dance floor, peering from the upstairs balcony, and posted on the walls. For the most part, they were all hunters...none anticipated a woman's approach. And for once, the ratio of men to women was actually 50/50 at the spot. Again, my net is stashed away for a minute.

Focus, Buttafly, Focus. Don't give out your number. Don't give your last name. No one even needs to know what side of town you live on. Okay, I'm focused.

But, um...is there anything wrong with a dance or 2? or 3?

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment