Wednesday, December 31, 2008

3...2...1...Happy New Years Eve!

Can you believe it? Another year has come and gone. For some reason, this year did not fly by like the other years have for me. Maybe because I feel like this has been my year to break into a lot of "firsts."

I learned a lot about myself being on my own and making so many mistakes...which, in turn, caused me to learn even more about myself. I have come into another realm of maturity that I am absolutely loving! This level is teaching me more financial responsibility, accountability in relationships, and it has opened my eyes to my callings and gifts in this lifetime. Erykah said, "...one day we'll be butterflies..." But, honey Buttafly is here and it is my time now!

I carry in my heart Marvin Sapp's song from Heaven knowing I never would have made it this year without God's guidance. I reflect on the financial hardships, emanicipation from the perm (lol), making it through lay offs, fighting all the "isms", and that one time I didn't listen to the spirit and could have lost my life. I am very clear that my God protects me everyday because I pray and ask Him for it. I pray for His love, His anointing, His Holy Spirit, His Blood to Cover me, His Spirit to guide and direct my path. God has been so good to me. In every mistake and every blunder that I made, He forgave me. As I searched for answers to life, He spoke to me in my dreams, through people, though music.

I didn't mean to get my preach on!! :-) But anytime is a good time to share the goodness of God.

Okay folks, no matter how you bring it in tonight, don't forget to thank God for all the blessings, shortcomings, provision for exit doors, emancipation from any bondage, and for acts of love and kindness. Handle that before you enter the hotel party, at the parking lot for the club, as you dress for the house gathering, or on your way to church.

Talk with you next year!!! Oh, and my lame mantra is Everything is Fine in 2009!!! Yeah, it's lame...but that's what I am feeling right now.

Be Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment