Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Eve of Christmas

Merry Christmas to all you guys and gals out there!

There is no snow here in the A and we are expecting temps in the 60s. Sigh...I just love Atlanta weather. I don't need snow to truly enjoy Christmas...please believe! I am a Southern Girl (as my boo Frankie Beverly proclaims) and I crave my warm winter days. All I require for Christmas is eggnog (with a hint of Rum), dressing without turkey, cranberry sauce, some beef ribs, mac and cheese, some sort of chocolate, family and friends, Christmas movies and some mistletoe.

Okay, so no one will be under the mistletoe with me this year. But, honey I am not complaining. After all the drama that came my way with the men I met this year, the Lord is giving me a much needed break. I am so on "E" right now in the dating game. I have discovered after my many rendezvous and flirting and dates and wondering "what if" so many times, I am glad to have time for me and discover my traits I would file under "Great Job" and those that "Need Improvement." Hi-5 to Jesus and Hi-5 to me for recognizing that even all this Fabulousness has flaws. :-)

I digress. Oh, and honey I need my good ole Christmas music. Please don't get me started on the classics from Luther, Boyz to Men, Donnie Hathaway, Charles Brown, The Whispers, The Temps, Nat King Cole, Alexander O'Neal and even the 69 Boyz ghetto Christmas Anthem. I gotta have all that while I sip my egg nog.

Any who, so party people be safe out there this holiday. Get your dance on, your laugh on, your flirt on, your happy on. No matter what you do, don't just celebrate your day off from work; remember to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ and salvation this Christmas. Before some of the readers get a little huffy, I am not hating on what and who you may believe in. I love all my brothers and sisters across the religious lines. I just gotta rep for my Savior because I am thankful for all He is and all He has done for me.

God Bless and I will talk with you in a few days if I don't check in with you tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Well so you finally decided to enter into the new millenium. The world of blogs, facebook, myspace, and twitter. I promise you won't regret it. They are all addictive, along with being fun. I hope your days of blogging are all that you dream of.

    Tracy.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! I just got a chance to stop by and check you out. I can't wait to read more about the happenings in Buttafly's Cacoon!! Keep it up :). I'm loving it so far. I hope you hade a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete