Thursday, May 7, 2009

Obamas...Creepin

Great day to you all. It is indeed a Terrific Thursday from where I stand. There isn't any rain in sight, the sun is bright, the feel is warm, and the weekend is near. Yes....I am just as dandy as I can be.

So, the other night I have yet another interesting dream. In the first scene, it is obviously night based upon the mood of the people surrounding me. I am sitting at the foot of a bed as another lady sits at the head of this same bed. She is diagonal from my position. At the desk in this bedroom is my mother, and kneeling on the floor with elbows propped on the bed is a man. The conversations were very casual as we talked amongst ourselves. As I settled in the scene mentally maybe 1 minute into the dream, I recognized 1st Lady O and President O were the unknown characters in this scene. The Obamas are creeping in my dream...I hope this is a long one.

Although I cannot recall what was being said amongst us, I do know President O was very relaxed. He had on his shirt and tie with slacks. Of course it had been a long day, but he was as cool as he always is. No cameras. No reporters. Just the 4 of us shooting the breeze. Michelle O sported something resembling a cardigan and pants. No pearls. This was down time. My mother wore khaki or white pants and a crisp button down. Maybe it was a linen 'fit. It seems her black straw hat she is famous for wearing lie on the desk. She crossed her legs towards the bed to participate in the chat. As we chuckled about something, in bounces Miss Sasha with a book in her hand. She was maybe 3 years younger than she is today and dressed in her 1 piece pajama...looking too cute with missing teeth. She aims right at the Prez.

"Daddy? Will you read me this story?"

President O lips moved, but there was silence. It was almost as if I was watching the scene in a muted version. He obliged his baby girls' request, excused himself, and followed Sasha's energetic exit from the room. It became clear to me at that moment we were located in the People's House (the term White House is so passe) at this moment. I continued chatting with the 3 ladies as we were winding down. We were interrupted by the whining of Malia. This seemed to be so out of character for the reserved, polished child I see in pictures. However, she was unhappy, complaining that she was not able to sleep because we were too loud. Malia looked to be maybe 5 years of age. Michelle O gave her a stern look, motioned to us that she would soon return, and lead Malia from the room. The scene changed.

I was walking into a large building that resembled the likes of a warehouse. I had on a stylish head scarf and over-sized shades during these early morning hours. This is certainly a look I have sported several times running around the neighborhood in the A.M. As I entered the large room full of folks, I began to remove the head covering that was simply meant to maintain my freshly glazed locs until I was ready let them flow. I approached a floor length mirror as walked the cracked, concrete floors and caught a glance of myself. In reality, my locs are jet black (thanks to Clairol). However, the reflection I received from the glass displayed my brown face with various shades of blonde curls...ranging from golden blonde to platinum. The hair was absolutely gorgeous. But I marveled at the look as I tried to figure out how this happened.

Just then, I saw my mother from my peripheral and decided to catch up to her. She stood at a long table wearing clear, plastic gloves, and a white apron. To the right of us were rows and rows of what seemed to be homeless men. Ahh...these folks are apart of my passion in life. This is great. I place the glammed shades and scarf inside my handbag and pick up my gloves and apron as I prepared to serve with a cheek to cheek smile on my face. Michelle O appeared and explained to mom and I the way the buffet would be served to the men. Again, her lips were moving, but there was silence.

I wake. Faith tells me this could happen in the next few years. I look forward to actively diminishing the homeless epidemic in my community. Of course we should all do what we can where we are financially. And I do my part. But, it is never enough for me. It is very possible the O's will be a link in the chain of networks I will build. To some that may be far fetched. But, I am just crazy enough to know that ANYTHING is very probable in my life.

Faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment