Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome, Holy Spirit

To all my beautiful people out there, I send my agape love to you.

Tonight, I had an unexpected, yet beautiful and peaceful visit from The Holy Spirit.

I completed a very productive conference call tonight around 8:15 with the fellow Kingdom servants working on the production I mentioned to you (Changing a Generation Full Gospel Baptist Church). After the call, I tuned my Internet radio to my beloved young brother, CoCo Brother. I connected to him some years ago on the Hip Hop station in the A as he proclaimed his love for God...unashamed. CoCo's show is called the Spirit of Hip Hop and reaches out to the young and the old. Check him out whenever you can weekdays from 7-10 p.m. E.T.
http://praise1025.com/home.asp

I haven't listened to him since Sunday, but God lead me to it tonight. As I typed up the recap of the meeting, I listened as a young girl called in seeking CoCo's prayers for her sister who is incarcerated. The teen began to gasp for breath as the strong holds placed restlessness and pain in her spirit. CoCo's wife, Joann, recognized this instantly and began to pray. Sensitive to the youth, I cried out to God on her behalf. As Joann prayed, the Holy Spirit surrounded me in my living room. Before, I knew it, my arms were raised to the sky and I repeated "Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus." His name was the only word my mouth would utter. Tears streamed down my face as I felt the Holy Spirit rest in my belly.

As I worshipped on behalf of the young caller, others began to call in the show and ask for prayer. Joann sang praises to God and CoCo started to pray. The Holy Spirit stayed with me and instructed me to move. I placed the notebook from my lap to the couch. I removed myself from the cushions, and laid prostrate before God. As I lie on the carpeted floor, peace came all over my body. I couldn't speak a word. I was still and listened to the prayer of a Pastor that resounded from the speakers. I thanked God silently for this experience. For walking through my place and allowing me to praise Him all by myself with no distractions.

As I continued to worship, God lead me to send a text message to a very dear person in my life. At this time, we are not engaging in conversation as we are obedient to God's plan. But, I texted the exact words God deposited in me to give to him. Only he and God know what that message meant to him in this time. I have learned when God says move, be obedient and do so. Even if it is uncomfortable or seems strange at the time. Because he is a true believer, he gets it. Side note: it's important to live, play, worship and praise with fellow believers.

After all was said and done, God allowed me to complete my recap. I checked my email, and what do I receive? A word of encouragement from a God sent worshipper. I know his words were from God's heart to my eyes to read.

Thank you God. I love You. I praise You. I worship You. I live for You. As a work in progress, please direct my path and guide me when I am clueless. Forgive me for not being everything you want me to be, but thank you for being more than I used to be.

In Jesus Name...

1 comment:

  1. Nice post....................Very inspiring. I also live me some Coco brother

    ReplyDelete