Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Throwback Tuesday- Jodeci

Remember meeting your friends at the mall to cop the black, combat boots? Mary J sported them. TLC wore them with their "safe sex" outfits. Don't act like you don't remember TLC wearing colored condoms from head to toe. But, you didn't wear the boots with style if the tube socks were not peeking from the tops.

You were in no way ready for war. You didn't have interest in joining the military. You simply saw how fly they looked on BET in the videos and had to have them. And we wore them with shorts, no less. Cross Color shorts. And Karl Kani shorts. Anything to be different, right? I strolled down that street in memory lane today.


The boots also reminded me of 4 brothers who created a new R&B sound in the 90s. 2 pretty boys ad libbing and playing instruments in the background. 2 average looking brothers tearing up the lyrics...singing their hearts out. Straight out of the south. Obvious training from the wooden floors of a country church house on a dirt road. Jo Jo bellowed with an expressionless face. K-Ci wallows on the floor without a shirt to show off the abdominal muscles slightly etched in his bird chest. His animation never overshadowed the Bobby Womack and Johnny Taylor soul emanating from his vocal chords. There was only 1 Jodeci. There will never be another.


Close your eyes on this classic...reminisce...Peace
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My Heart Belongs To You
---Jodeci
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh5h2hYMjbo (music only)



This is DeVante
Whatever you want, whatever you need
You know I got it
And I'ma give it to you
Jodeci
(Whenever you want it, want it)
Anything you want from me {Yeah...yeah...}
(I've got it)
Any time you want it
I'll give it to you
Jo Jo, check this out
2-3-4


You can have my love
You're the girl of my life
Am I all you're dreamin' of
Yes, you're my desire
I wanna give you so much
For the things that you give to me
Just take my love, baby
Because you are so dear to me


CHORUS
Whatever you want (Ba-ba-ba-ba)
Whatever you need (Woo, yeah)
My heart belongs to you
(Whatever you want, baby)
Whatever you need (Woo...)
There's nothing I won't do
(And I say whatever you want, baby)
I say whatever you want
My heart belongs to you
I say whatever you need (Woo....baby)
I'll be right here for you


Once in a lifetime
You will find someone like you
And now that I have you
Here's what I'm gonna do
(I'm gonna give you so much)
I will give you my all and all
Over and over again, lady, lady, lady
Lovin' you too much, baby
Is not, is not, is not a sin


CHORUS


Anything, anything, anything you want {Oh, yeah}
I'll do it for you
In the morning {Mmm, hmm}
Whenever you want it
(Makes no difference)
In the evening
(In the evening)
Whenever you need it {Oh...oh...oh...}
When the night falls {You know I got it}
You know that I've got it {Pick up the phone and dial my number}
So baby, just call me {Call me}
You know that I'll do it {Oh...oh...ho...}


CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment